Re: Guidelines for selecting membership
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting question. You may be the only cohousing co-op in the country. Or
are there others?

Do you have enough financially qualified applicants for a given vacancy that
you can screen like that? Lucky you!

I'm on the fence. From the community's perspective, I can see the benefit of
choosing the candidate who brings the most to the community. On the other hand,
if I were a prospective member, maybe having been waiting in the wings for
months or years for a unit to open up, I'd be pretty unhappy about the process.
Maybe we'll take you, maybe we won't, you'll have to wait and see who else
applies and if we like them better than you.

Katie Henry