Re: Guidelines for selecting membership
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, searching my brain for anecdotal info... aren't co-ops like totally able to
discriminate, viz all those terrible stories of prospective buyers catering to
the whims of the co-op boards in New York City? Like, no divorced people, no
kids, only little dogs, no drug-using celebrities.

If you have a need of specific type of skill set or some such, I think you can
do it. Are you asking if you should?

wikipedia says:
Another key element (of housing co-ops) is that the members, through their
elected representatives, screen and select who may live in the cooperative,
unlike any other form of home ownership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-op_housing

Mariana
Berkeley Cohousing, a condominium.