Re: co-op
From: oz (ozozragland.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:26:58 -0700 (PDT)
Add

Wise Acres Cooperative Association
http://www.cohousing.org/directory/view/6352

- another Puget Sound community.

My community, Songaia, was originally organized as a Cooperative - we felt
that the coop legal structure better fit our values.

As things developed, we abandoned the coop model for two reasons.
1) fewer potential lenders - the best coop construction loan was 1-2%
higher the interest rate for the same loan to a LLC
2) explaining ownership to a prospective member - owning a coop share is
confusing compared to owning a condo.

While there are few cohousing communities using the coop legal structure,
there are many shared households which organize as cooperatives.

Oz Ragland, instigator
Cohouseholding Project
http;//cohouseholding.org