Re: aging in community
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 06:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
This has been my concern in our community as well.

Not just around decision making, but also around life issues: what if it seems
someone is NOT getting the help they need, and aren't willing to accept that
they need it.

What if it seems they aren't quite present in the way they used to be... how do
we as community walk with people to help them get that they need help.

And what about the opposite, when they seem to be doing ok, but are insistent
that they aren't what they used to be, and so can't do this or that, that it
surely appears that they can do those things... If they'd let someone help, or
accept that it can be done differently....

We haven't had to do a lot of "here I'll help you get around your house" stuff,
but the little bit has not ben hard for us to meet the stated need...
But this is more about us seeing a need that the individual doesn't see...

-Liz
(The Rev.) Elizabeth M. Magill
www.mosaic-commons.org
508-450-0431