Question about "dining clubs"
From: Rod Lambert (rodecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:56:38 -0700 (PDT)
Muriel,
Yes, some good points you've added and I think it's important to not lose sight of one of the things that Sharon asked. Should exclusive dining clubs be just/mostly in people's houses or should they be in the Common House? As a personal opinion, I feel that "a sense of belonging" is at the heart of what our community is about and those things that detract from it should be managed thoughtfully especially if it's in the Common House. It would be unthinkable to exclude someone from joining our table at a Common House meal for instance. It's certainly true here that when someone loses their sense of belonging, becoming detached and rarely seen, it's usually not long before their house goes up for sale.

Rod
EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY