Re: Question about "dining clubs"
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
richart.keller [at] gmail.com
after deleting numerous quoted previous messages.

Particularly on long threads (lots of replies) please
delete unneeded quotes.

Also my computer has problems currently so I am slow in dealing
with messages held for my review.  Messages over 8k bytes are held
for my review and excessive quotes can easily push a message over 8kB
Fred

Thanks for your thoughtful response, Rachael.  I agree that common meals
don't necessarily work for all. Different people do have different needs.
Also, hanging out more with folks with whom you want to have deeper
relationships is a healthy and natural desire.

My concern is with the balance between the quality of life within the
cohousing community and the quality of life of its individual residents and
families.

Perhaps a better way to express my concerns would have been to suggest
questions which we could ask ourselves to help us understand the impact of
our practices on the health of the community.

It may also be the case that some of the concerns you have about common
meals are shared by others; discussing those with the whole community might
result in improving the quality of common meals.

Rick