Re: aging in community
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:51:51 -0700 (PDT)
       The issue of difficulty hearing conversation when there is a lot of
background noise is a common one as we age.  The biggest problem we find is the
sound quality issues in the Common House.  At Swans Market we ended up adding
sound dampening panels to our ceiling over our dining tables in a successful
attempt to improve the situation and we have a policy of no music at dinnertime
since it makes it harder for us to hear the conversation.  I would recommend
that forming communities invest a lot of thought on this issue since it is such
a common complaint.
                 Bonnie Fergusson
                 Swans Market Cohousing
                 Oakland, CA