Re: aging in community
From: Monty Berman (mberman116hotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:45:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome@olympus.net9/18
What comes up for me is to institute a "training" of some sort which exercises
the brain/uses one's brain.
I can think of many of these and you probably could, too.
I would do a workshop and/or provide a course that has personal appeal.
Make it required (perhaps). It is a concern that you raise.
Monty

Monty Berman  EcoVillage at Ithaca, founding member.
Adjunct lecturer, Psychology    SUNY Empire State College

  There is only one absolute Truth, and all other
truths emanate from it. When you find that Truth, your actions will be in
alignment with it. The Truth is inseparable from who you are. Yes, you are
the Truth. If you look for it elsewhere, you will be deceived every time. The
very Being that you are is Truth . . . When you are in touch with this
dimension within your self . . . all your actions and relationships will
reflect the oneness with all life that you sense deep within. This is love. On
the other hand, laws, commandments, rules, and regulations are necessary only
for those who are cut off from who they are, from the Truth within.

Eckhart Tolle