Re: Till Death or Decorating Disputes Do Us Part
From: oz (ozozragland.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
My read is that "Cheesecake Cohousing" is better described as a cohousehold:

   "pay a monthly fee for the mortgage, taxes and insurance on the
6,000-square-foot complex"

   "Bedrooms and some bathrooms were private, but nearly everything else
was shared."

To quote the Cohouseholding Project website:
http://cohouseholding.org

- Cohouseholding is unrelated people sharing a single dwelling

- Cohousing is multiple households, each in a private home - a small
neighborhood.

Some cohousing neighborhoods have one or more cohouseholds. See
Cohousing.org to learn more about cohousing communities.

Cohousing is of particular interest to the Cohouseholding Project because
of its value as a replicable model and the well-honed, time-tested process
and structures they've developed for their creation and operations.

Oz Ragland

Songaia Cohousing community, member 1992-2010
(13 homes on 10.6 acres near Seattle)

Life Song Commons cohousehold, member 2010-present
(1 shared household on 1.3 acres next door to Songaia)