Re: Panama Cohousing Village Announcemen
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:30:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 21, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Racheli Gai <racheli [at] sonoracohousing.com>
wrote:

> I don't think all health issues connected to living in manufactured homes
> ended in 1976.

Before 1976 the main issue was sturdiness because they were so flimsy they
would fall over. Very dangerous in tornado country. Very flammable.

> There was an uproar about toxicity of trailers after some were provided to
> victims of flooding in New Orleans, and when I was doing a lot of research in
> issue of building materials and toxicity (late 90's) there was lots of
> discouraging information about manufactured homes.

True and something to be careful of but it is in all construction, particularly
if you aren't building it yourself and don't know all the materials involved.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Giving back is the best marketing" Scott Harrison, Charity Water