Re: Designing for Women [was An article that might beofinterest to some of you
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
I'm sorry to say that I'm not up-to-date on commodes, but the should be commodious, especially in terms of strength and flushing capacity (like my face), but not institutional. Just not delicate (like this subject). I had hope that that women/men wiser than I would have posted by now, thus bringing me up-to-date.

As to "retirning rooms," especially at public facilities, it is interesting to note that in some parts of Europe (again, alas, I am out-of-date) have a tradition of restroom attendants who maintained them continuously and no doubt encouraged restraint of abuse. One was expected to tip, however (a pfenning or two, as I recall). This ensured a continuously-clean and cleaned facility.

Only the "oriental" toilets (in the Middle East and elsewhere), however, had water-faucets conveniently at hand (so to speak), if the facilities themselves were not always up-to-sniff.

WT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharon Villines" <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>