Trimming quoted material
From: Saunders, Rich (greymontmykolab.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 05:18:53 -0700 (PDT)
On 2013-09-22 16:19, Ann Zabaldo wrote:
Fred, et al., I didn't clip any of the emails because I couldn't
figure out what to clip that would be extraneous in this exchange.
Seems as if all the text is important to a person just jumping in on
the conversation ...

When in doubt, clip!

You are under no obligation to provide any context for your message. The mailing list server does that for you by tying the messages together with an identifier that email software can use to maintain the thread of conversation.

If you do want to include a specific quote to show what you are replying to it should be VERY brief. You should NEVER carry along the entire previous conversation in your message. If you do keep the whole conversation you are "re-inventing the wheel" in a most clumsy way.

Those who want to go back in the conversation can do so by accessing the archives.

--

Cheers!
Rich Saunders