Re: MANUFACTURED HOUSING
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 21:34:06 -0700 (PDT)
If I were looking to build affordable cohousing, I'd buy an old motor court
motel and turn it into condos. Growing up in San Antonio in the 1960's, where
they were (and still are) common, I remember thinking how fun it would be to
fix the units up into little apartments and have all my friends live there.
They're often configured just like cohousing communities, in a U shape, maybe
with a pool in the courtyard, and the lobby (common house) at the base. They're
now often located in somewhat scruffy parts of town where the zoning
authorities might be a little more flexible with things like unit size.

Katie Henry