Re: Designing for Women
From: Holly Wilder (hollywilder23gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
It's always amusing to come in mid-conversation on a topic!  I can't help
chiming in on this one.  I've heard that urine is sterile in the kidneys but
can pick up germs along the way, and that is what I found just now when I
researched this:

Sr. Member

Reply #2 on:20/01/2009 13:13:05
Urine directly from the bladder is normally sterile. However, on its passage
from the bladder to the outside world, urine becomes contaminated by bacteria
normally present in the lower urethra and external genitalia.
 Logged
chris
Hero Member

The Naked Scientist

Reply #3 on:03/02/2009 18:48:02
Squarish triangle is absolutely right; urine is produced sterile but can pick
up bugs along the way. However, urine collected from circumcised men is usually
also sterile owing to the absence of the foreskin, which is colonised by
bacteria at high density.

Holly Wilder
Visionary Properties LLC
www.visionaryproperties.vpweb.com