Contact List Maintenance - How is it done - technically?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:07:48 -0700 (PDT)
Richard P <111rmp [at] gmail.com>

Despite Richard's note at the end of the message below:
> (I've posted some of the earlier responses below)

I've deleted the quoted old digest
The earlier related messages can be found in the Cohousing-L archives
at http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/
Search for:
 Waiting List Maintenance - How is it done?
Fred

I posted a question about Waiting Lists (now we call it a Contact List and
made other changes thanks to advice received here). Thanks for the great

**How does your community keep its waiting list?  Is it paper or online?
Automated or do individuals keep track of it "manually" (like on a personal
computer)?

Here at Nubi, we use a paid online system, to keep it professional, using a
company fairly familiar to the general public (Constant Contact), automated
email removal/spam protection and "anonymous." When we were very busy with
startup and regularly sending out newsletters this seemed a good compromise.
Now that we want the list for notifying when units become available (rarely
for newsletter), we want to lower the cost to maintain.  We could just keep
a list on a personal computer and manually add/remove names (for instance a
Microsoft excel list)  but that has pros/cons.

What does your community do? How does it keep the list?

-Richard

(I've posted some of the earlier responses below)

<< see note above >>