Possible Funding Scheme for Building Rentals & New Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:33:09 -0700 (PDT)
I heard about this many years ago but suddenly just thought of it as possibly
helpful to cohousing.

In Chinatown (and probably other immigrant communities) new residents pooled
their money to start one business. Once that business was established they
could borrow conventional money, and the pooled money was transferred to the
next person to start a business. That's how Chinatown got built.

It may be apocryphal, I didn't check sources, but I don't think it is.

It may be a good way for established communities to fund new communities or to
fund rental housing withn a community.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines