Re: Creating Cohousing
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 08:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
Marsha,

There are three options that I know: cohousing, a housing co-op, and
condominiums. I've participated in the first two and formed the third.

Cohousing is described well in Diane's book, Creating a Life Together, and
on the cohousing.org website.

Housing co-ops are described here, and links are included for more
information: http://www.shareable.net/blog/how-to-start-a-housing-co-op

The owner could also form a condominium and sell the four units to
individual owners, as well as specify what areas are owned and used in
common. The management of the entire property could be done democratically,
through consensus, or some other process which you all can define, as long
as state laws are followed (that goes for all three).

Jerry McIntire
stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com