Architectural PREVIEW was: Architectural review and related topics
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 05:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Pat,

A few years ago we changed our committee name to:  Architectural PREVIEW.

It is an important change.  We need to know what folks want to change before it
happens---- not review it after the fact.  I think Preview is what is intended
all 'round,   though the term AR is generally used.

We are there to preview and advise.  As noted by Philip,  we can advise, yes.
Is it legally binding?  Perhaps if a safety issue, ie bikes in walkway-- but
that is a totally different matter.
We do ask that pretty much what is to be done that is visible, ie, exterior
(landscaping aside,)  come to us and to the neighbors whose viewshed will be
affected.

Again, the import was having agreement that changes come to Arch Preview
before being implemented.  We do pretty well with this, except for the
household that doesn't.