Re: Value-added
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rick,

How are you doing?  I've got a bunch of stuff to finish by early November
and then I really would like to get back to CRN.  We've got to formalize
our relationship with coho/us.

When we were starting up, there were some of us who wanted to have some
means of returning value to the community such as  a fee for finding a
buyer, but we couldn't make it fly. Some of the younger members and others
said a) you need all that money to buy the next house; b) all you older
folk have made money turning over houses, we haven't had that chance yet;
c) I'm not going to give my kids college fund to coho, etc. etc.
Especially during the years before 2008, values were rising so fast and we
kept our costs down so much that two or three of the early movers doubled
their investment in a year or two or three.  Some people (like me) think
that shouldn't have happened, but all we could do was be pissed.

Diane