Re: Value-added
From: Malcolm Eva (malcolmmalcolmeva.plus.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 12:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all

I belong to the Springhill co housing in England.  All the properties have a
stake in our common house - the houses all contributed £6000, apartments and
studios a smaller amount to the development of the CH, so when someone sells
their house, this figure will be incorporated in the asking price.  As we offer
the houses for sale to the co housing and a list of interested parties, before
advertising it on the open market, we find that this takes care of that
community-added-value factor.  If it should go to an estate agent to sell on
the open market, and so go to someone not interested in co housing, that will
create an interesting situation which, mercifully, has not yet arisen.  At the
moment, our properties sell for rather more than other properties in the
neighbourhood.  Those that have been badly over-priced don't sell.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Malcolm Eva

Sent from my iPad
If reply needed, please address to malcolm [at] m-eva.co.uk