Value-added
From: Mary English (mary.englishhsc.utah.edu)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

1) Interested in if and how communities treat the value-added by the social
capital of cohousing when a unit is sold.
We discussed this just last month and decided against it. Most units are
selling at a loss if they have to move out.

Is there an additional dollar-value assessed which is included in the
transaction and which goes to the community?  Is this enforced by an
informal practice/expectation, a formal agreement, or some legal mechanism?

It was voted down in a redo of the CC and Rs

2) Or are there any other types of assessments or fees which accrue to the
community as part of the sale? If so, what are they and how are they
"enforced"?

No

3) Or any recommendations for types of assessments due at sale?

We have the ability to put a lien against the unit of condo fees are not caught
up.