Thanks, and an update
From: Rebecca Lane (ExecDircohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:57:03 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Cohousers & Friends,

I have submitted my resignation to the Board of the Cohousing Association,
effective 1 November. This decision has been in process for some time. As
many of you know, I spent much of my spring and summer in treatment for
uterine cancer. I'm happy to have had a relatively straightforward journey
thus far, and to be cancer free, while I undergo regular monitoring for the
next five years. As often happens, facing a serious illness gives one
pause, and when I was recruited into a dynamic Seattle based organization,
I said yes.

The Board will be in touch regarding a long term organizational transition
plan. In the meantime, Operations Manager Michelle Rasa will be the
day-to-day management. As a virtual organization, Coho/US has many amazing
volunteers around the country who keep it going. These lovely people will
continue to support operations, and I thank them for this!

Coho/US and I have both grown tremendously over the last two and a half
years. I'm excited about the initiatives moving forward, especially the
regional model, the website re-design, and the membership initiative. I
have every confidence in the Board to work to sustain the Association, and
move it into a 21st century, multi-cultural organization. The Board has
moved into fundraising well, and its dedication to cohousing is a great
strength. Coho/US is in very good hands.

I also have had the great delight of making good friends all throughout the
country, which I know I'll sustain as I move into this new professional
phase. I remain an ardent advocate of cohousing. Please stay in touch with
me via my personal email:reblane [at] gmail.com.

I've accepted a position at ACT Theatre, a nationally known contemporary
theatre with a stellar reputation. I am serving as the Campaign &
Development Manager. It's an exciting & very challenging position. I'll be
learning new areas of non-profit fundraising and development, managing a
big capital campaign, while providing my family with what we need to
rebuild from the impacts of my medical journey this year.

I'm working with a long time colleague & friend who brought me in to
support her vision as the Development Director, and the potential is
tremendous. I will also be managing major giving and planned giving once
the campaign is wrapped. Heck, I even bought a gala gown this week! Working
in the arts again is very joyful. If you plan a trip to Seattle, please let
me know so I can take you to a show at ACT!

Onward!

Warmly,
Rebecca

Rebecca Lane