Re: Private home dishwashers: 18" vs 24"
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:02:20 -0700 (PDT)
As another architect in the fray, I thought I'd add my 5cents.

I have designed a few cohousing communities, but more importantly numerous
renovations for multifamily projects.

While I'm a staunch supporter of living more compact and efficient boat-like
designs, I would advise you to seriously consider the 24" dishwasher as it is a
more standard (read readily available and cost effective) size.
There are typically only 1-2 options for any of the smaller appliances...which
translates to higher cost for replacement (and sometimes delay in ordering).
If you are consciously making a decision to downsize for your own personal
unit, that's fine.  But I think it is unwise to saddle future homeowners with
that decision.

grace h. kim | schemata workshop inc.
aia, principal architect

206.285.1589