Re: Religious symbols and policies
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
 Monty Berman <mberman116 [at] hotmail.com>
after deleting quoted digest.

10/22
 Replying to: ---- Re: Religious symbols and policies (Elizabeth Magill)

There's something important for me in the discussion of what
is good policy around holiday decorations.

As I say this it occurs to me that it would be tough to come up with
one and it would seem to me that an effective approach would be to
have a meeting on it with the understanding that consensus would be
arrived at for any decorations (and usage) for any common spaces. The
rationale for this is that common spaces are traditionally just that
and everything, e.g., cell phone use, TVs, etc., are open to due
process.

Would make for stretching ourselves, right!

Monty
Monty Berman  EcoVillage at Ithaca, founding member

  There is only one absolute Truth, and all other
truths emanate from it. When you find that Truth, your actions will be in
alignment with it. The Truth is inseparable from who you are. Yes, you are
the Truth. If you look for it elsewhere, you will be deceived every time. The
very Being that you are is Truth . . . When you are in touch with this
dimension within your self . . . all your actions and relationships will
reflect the oneness with all life that you sense deep within. This is love. On
the other hand, laws, commandments, rules, and regulations are necessary only
for those who are cut off from who they are, from the Truth within.