Re: Electronic locks or automatic doors
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 13:13:54 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA (long built).
We have no doors which open automatically. Lever handles, but manual.
We have a key pad for night time entry: in the day time our common house is
unlocked. The key pad was a big expense, maybe $1000?, and the subject of
debate, as many of us don't lock our homes. But some members felt concern  and
we did it so they would be comfortable. I'm sure any serious burglar could get
in -- find an unlatched slider window or such -- but it keeps random passersby
from exploring, I assume.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau