Re: Multi-family units in lot development cohousing?
From: drmaryann49 (drmaryann49mac.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:19:57 -0700 (PDT)
At Manzanita Village, the entire community is an HOA. We have both freestanding
homes and "duplexes." Each half of a "duplex" is on its own lot, so technically
they are attached housing or zero lot line homes, not a duplex which would be
on a single lot. Trying to put multiple housing units on a single lot within a
larger community sounds like a legal nightmare to me. In our case, maintenance
responsibility ends at the joining lot line, and the roof on each side is at
different heights, so that part is straightforward.