Re: Donations from HOA and Federal tax deduction
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:05:12 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 02:46:57PM -0500, Diana Carroll wrote:
> My question was aimed at those folks who actually file taxes for their
> HOAs: have you deducted charitable donations from your taxes?

We file the 1120 and not 1120-H. You cannot take specific deductions on
the 1120-H, so you can't use that form.

However, on the 1120, see the "Line 19. Charitable Contributions"
instructions:

  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1120.pdf

We have not done it so far but in 2013 we will be as a HOA making a
donation we expect to be able to deduct.

Thanks,
Adi
--
Great Oak Cohousing