Re: Question about hot tub actual use
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:22:15 -0800 (PST)
PatZy, I can pass your question on to FrogSong's hot tub committee and see
if they have any data (I personally don't use the tub hardly at all)...but I
don't think we're going to have very useful numbers.

In order to even answer such a question, you need
        1. A system for counting (we had a clipboard with a tally sheet in
the enclosure for awhile)
        2. People who actually USE the damn system (after a short period of
time, people start forgetting to do it)
        3. Someone to then compile the data in a useful way...and then keep
and disseminate it

This is true for so many of the things we do - we generally don't know how
many/how much because we do not consistently count.

I can tell you that, like any shared resource in cohousing, there are some
people who don't use it at all, some who use it almost daily, and some in
between.
My impression from visiting & working with multiple communities is that - on
other issues as well - people who don't currently have something in their
daily life incorrectly estimate how much they WOULD use it if they had it!
Eris Weaver, Graphic Facilitator & Group Process Consultant
eris [at] erisweaver.info • 707-338-8589 • http://www.erisweaver.info

fa cil i tāt: to make easier