Re: "Neighborhood" Cohousing or "Retrofit" Cohousing
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:54:53 -0800 (PST)
Cohousing is a social model, a lifestyle, an attitude.  It's not an
architectural manifestation.  It can occur in an array of single family homes,
in multifamily construction, even on one or two floors of a large apartment
building constructed for other purpose.  "Neighborhood" and "cohousing" are
both phrases that try to capture and imply community, and community values
about personal relations.  Speaking of a "cohousing neighborhood" is something
akin to using the phrase, "automobile vehicle".

Philip Dowds AIA