Re: "Neighborhood" Cohousing or "Retrofit" Cohousing
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:11:15 -0800 (PST)
When I heard "Neighborhood Cohousing" I wondered, which ones are not in a
neighborhood? Is mine in a neighborhood? (Yes.) What makes that one different
than my cohousing, which is of course in a neighborhood?

In short, it made made me wonder about the meaning of neighborhood, rather than
zeroing in to what the most emblematic feature of N Street Cohousing has been:
evolving over time by inhabiting existing, adjacent (and close by) buildings.

So, I like "evolving cohousing" or "organic cohousing" instead.

There's also the idea of "taking over" existing houses which leads to "take
over coho" which is sort of pithy.

Some other themes, if they are of any use.
take over cohousing, as noted
change over cohousing
connect up cohousing
adjacent cohousing
bead necklace cohousing
charm bracelet cohousing  (ha! collect them all!)

I've never liked intentional community because it somehow also implies that the
other ways of getting community are done haphazard, without intention and
purpose.

Mariana Almeida
Berkeley CA
Berkeley Cohousing