Re: Question about hot tub actual use
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:31:47 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 8, 2013, at 5:35 PM, PatZy <pzboom [at] aol.com> wrote:

> We are considering building a hot tub, which is very expensive when all the
> health department and ADA requirements are met (more than $50K).  My
> question, how much do the adults in your communities actually USE the
> community hot tub?

In my opinion, not enough to justify the cost. HOWEVER, to those who do use it,
4-5 people maybe, it is very important. Not having it would be a big loss to
them.

And when we show prospective buyers around, they are very impressed. It's like
the workshop, they are very impressed. Also intrigued with the possibilities
they offer. Very few follow through but some do.

I would say no more than 5 use the workshop, either. But when they do, It is
for something important to them. We couldn't do without a workshop.

My advice is to determine if any current members actually use a hot tub now.
Everyone wants one but ..... So far as I know the people who use it here are
people who had used them before they moved in.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC