Re: Question about hot tub actual use
From: KJ (pumpkin2282yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:23:02 -0800 (PST)
Another thing to consider is how you will sanitize it during use.  Most places
use chlorine to disinfect the water; however, chlorine is a dangerous chemical,
there is evidence that long-term, low-level exposure to chlorine can have
health consequences.

Chlorine also has environmental consequences: When you drain your pool, the
chlorine that is meant to keep your pool sterile is toxic to aquatic animals
and plants in local waterways.

According to the EPA, chlorine can irritate the respiratory system, especially
in individuals that already suffer from allergies and asthma.

Scientists are beginning to suspect that chlorinated water contains chemical
compounds that become carcinogenic when they interact with organic matter in a
pool, such as leaves, according to British environmental landscape architect
and natural swimming pool advocateMichael Littlewood.

Known alternatives to chlorine are:

1) hydrogen peroxide - particularly food based h2o2

http://voices.yahoo.com/switch-hot-tub-hydrogen-peroxide-1460159.html?cat=6

2) moss- based products like Clean Water Solutions’ moss-based products,
PoolNaturally and SpaNaturally.

3) ozonaters- these ozonate the water, sanitizing it.

http://www.islandhottub.com/sanitize.html

Some info from www.earth911.com

Sent from my iPad