Re: Retrofit Cohousing
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:46:45 -0800 (PST)
At 06:50 AM 12/13/2013, you wrote:

Hi Folks, why not keep it simple? There's already the term "intention community" why not
just "intentional neighborhood?"

Take care,
Marsha

"Regular" cohousing is also intentional neighborhood so I think this term doesn't sufficiently distinguish what makes "let's all buy houses in an existing neighborhood" different.

Really, since any term will require a 5-minute explanation, as is still the case with regular cohousing, I think "the N Street Model" might actually be the best descriptor for now. It doesn't set up any false expectation that saying it equals making it perfectly clear.
   Muriel
   Shadowlake Village Cohousing
(where after 12 years I'm still explaining the concept to people who have lived in town the whole time)