Re: "Neighborhood" Cohousing or "Retrofit" Cohousing
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:02:44 -0800 (PST)
The term retrofit implies to me there will be construction as part of the
project...like taking an existing apartment building, hotel or other large
building and re-doing the interior to make it cohousing.  That's quite
different than folks simply buying up properties on the same block.

If one of the properties were bought as the common house, and construction
work was done to make that a common house, THAT would be retrofit.  But, as
a renovation contractor, don't you think as far as the houses go, if
there's no renovation, then the term retrofit doesn't apply?