Re: Zoning patterns
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 05:51:00 -0800 (PST)
FanningandCate <FanningandCate [at] VALLEY.NET>
Here at Cobb Hill Cohousing in Hartland, VT
http://www.cobbhill.org/ (where there is a unit for sale) we have
composting toilets and therefore, a much smaller-than-normal leach
field. Our community was built to explore ways to live more
sustainably and the composting toilets have worked out very well:
they do not smell, the system requires minimal maintenance, and we use
about 1/3 the water a community our size would use with regular
toilets. The selection of composting toilets was a deliberate choice
to reduce our environmental footprint, even though there is (for now)
plenty of water in the northeast.

Here is the website of our Phoenix toilets:
http://www.compostingtoilet.com/

You will need to work with your state with regard to the leach field
requirements.

Best,
Margaret Fanning