Re: Composting Toilets & Septic Systems
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 05:40:59 -0800 (PST)
Another (water) toilet recommendation! The Toto's are durable, quiet,
difficult to plug up, and offer a dual-flush model. The Penguin is unique
with their overflow system like a lav sink. My favorite, which replaced
Toto in my installations (I was a renovation contractor for many years), is
Caroma. Made in Australia, they have the largest trapway of any toilet made
and are all dual-flush toilets (.8 gallon and 1.6 gallon). Whereas nearly
every toilet sold in the U.S. has a 2" or 2 1/4" waste passage, the Caroma
is 4". It doesn't plug, which is another way around the overflow problem.
Durable, and not too expensive if you shop online for them.

Jerry
stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com