Subject: Re: Possible definitions of different types of choosing
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 09:50:26 -0800 (PST)

<original message>

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 08:50:35 -0500
From: Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Possible definitions of different types of
        choosing
To: Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>

<snip>

A story: When my daughter was two she asked me, "When are we home? Sometimes you say we are home when we drive by the school and sometimes when we come down the street and sometimes when we are parking and sometimes when we come in the door. When are we home?"

I thought about it and realized it was related to how far away we had been. After an airplane trip, the airport felt like home. If I was returning from a visit to a neighbor across the hall, I only felt "home" when I had not only entered my apartment but also closed my door.

<snip>

<reply>

... and when I went on a trip to New Zealand and Australia for three weeks, I felt back home when I landed in Los Angeles!

David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing