Re: Cohousing Pioneers: Second Round
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 07:56:44 -0800 (PST)
Gary,

What you propose would certainly help new communities start. It is part of
the marketing that nearly any forming community is involved in. A quick
look at the long list of forming communities, either at cohousing.org or
ic.org, will show quite a lot of competition for experienced cohousers and
retirees with the financial means to help communities start.

At Stone's Throw Ecovillage in SW Wisconsin, where the cost of living
(especially housing) is low and some of the best organic food in the
country is available (we have a higher concentration of organic farms in
Vernon County than any other in the country), we are aiming for 18 homes on
12 acres. Six or eight new households joining our forming group would make
development and construction possible in short order. We invite a look and
questions at our website:

stonesthrowecovillage.wordpress.com

Jerry McIntire