Icy parking lots and walk and driveways
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 04:53:54 -0800 (PST)
Question from LIberty Village: how do other communities handle snowy and icy
walkways and roads? I am particularly interested in places that are probably
close to us in the amount of snow you get each year, but we have already had
four snow storms this season and several days of sub-freezing temperatures.

We clear our own parking lots and walk and driveways but we do not treat them
with anything. I feel this is dangerous and want to know how you treat your
walkways and parking lots for safety when they are icy.

Collateral question: How have you dealt with concerns for only using 'pet
friendly' ice remoivers?

Thanks for any ideas.

Martie Weatherly
martiew [at] earthlink.net