Icy pathways and driveways
From: Karyn Stack (ksilverstackgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 05:32:03 -0800 (PST)
Here at Cobb Hill in Vermont, we have sand barrels stationed around the
community, and we scoop out of those to sand the walkways by hand.(either
shovelfuls or plastic jugs)   We are lucky enough to own a tractor, so we
scoop from a larger storage pile and bring tractor loads around to fill the
sand barrels with shovels, I believe.   The driveway is sanded when needed
by the person who plows for us.  We have a farm here, so space to store the
sand and equipment are readily available.  Karyn Stack