Re: Resales Was Cozy Home near downtown Sacramento
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 17:22:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi Katie and all --

Quite an animated thread on having a website!   It is hard to believe that
there were entire cohousing communities organized, built and lived in before
the internet and websites became ubiquitous.  But it did happen ...

We've just established a Resale and Rental Pod here at Takoma Village to assist
owners w/ selling or renting their homes.   As a condominium, we are not
allowed to restrict sales.  However, we acknowledge that the community members
have a stake in who joins.  Plus selling a home w/out an agent can be
stressful.  Even with an agent it's stressful!

We want to smooth the path for both seller, buyer and community.  We want the
seller to find a qualified buyer, we want the buyer to have a realistic
understanding of the expectations of living in community and we want the
members to feel certain that the newcomers understand that participation is key
to community life here.  Win-win all around.

Katie -- you are singing my tune about sellers remitting a small percentage of
the sale back to the community.  Long overdue.  I'd like to hear more about
this from others.  Any community out there who has established such a practice?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC