opportunites to learn sociocracy by telephone & online classes
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (j.kochgonzalezgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:11:59 -0800 (PST)
Pioneer Valley Cohousing will be arriving shortly at its one year
anniversary of adopting (and adapting) sociocracy/dynamic governance.
Overdue for me to write up some of our experience. But in the meantime...

 I will be co-teaching a Foundations of Sociocracy class by
telephone/online
 Wednesdays, 12:30-2:30 pm EST, beginning January 29
 .
Wednesday afternoon
Foundations<http://sociocracyconsulting.com/ai1ec_event/foundations-of-sociocracy-online-2/?instance_id=456>
 There are discounts when more than one person from an organization signs
up and as of this writing there were still several early bird discounts
available.

Other colleagues of mine from
The Sociocracy Consulting Group
 (TSCG)
 will be offering a similar class on
 Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 pm EST,

beginning February 4
.
Tuesday eve
Foundations<http://sociocracyconsulting.com/ai1ec_event/foundations-of-sociocracy-online/?instance_id=454>

If you would like to learn about sociocracy yourself, or if you

would like to introduce a friend or colleague to sociocracy, these classes

are a good way -- from the comfort of your own home or office.

In addition,
for people who have had a Foundations of Sociocracy class or equivalent

and would like
to learn more about facilitation, TSCG is offering
Dynamic Governance
Facilitation<http://sociocracyconsulting.com/ai1ec_event/dynamic-governance-facilitation-/>
 class
on Tuesdays, 1:00-3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time,

beginning January 28
 .

For information about future classes and workshops on sociocracy you can
sign up for The Sociocracy Consulting Group mailing list
here<http://sociocracyconsulting.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/tscg-info>.
And check out our website http://sociocracyconsulting.com/

Jerry
--
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
413-549-1747

*Why Sociocracy?*
Sociocracy/ Dynamic Self-Governance

is an effective participatory decision making process based on equivalence
of power of all

participants regardless of their position in an organization’s managerial
hierarchy. Sociocracy

redesigns traditional organizational decision making, transforms ownership
structure, and offers

a vision of society based on power

with!

Foundations of Sociocracy

*Our first level of comprehensive training* gives you the *essential tools* for
applying sociocracy (dynamic governance) in your existing or forming
organization. The class sessions include:

   - Introduction to sociocratic values, principles and practices
   - Consent decision making – implementing equivalence in decisions
   - Circle meetings, roles, and elections
   - Double linking – how to scale equivalence, consent and transparency
   - Workflow and operational effectiveness
   - Whole systems facilitation and leadership

*All modules include* a mix of interactive practice sessions and exercises,
presentation of essential information, and time for participant questions
and feedback. Development journals and practical homework exercises with
instructor feedback enhance your overall learning experience.

*This training is offered online *as a series of six two-hour classes
combined with between-class assignments. Online contact time is a minimum
of 12 hours and instructor feedback and support between classes is included
in the class fees.