Re: Cozy cohousing home near downtown Sacramento
From: David L. Mandel (dlmandelpacbell.net)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 23:29:54 -0800 (PST)
A few words from a member of the offending websiteless community here.
        * We were built and all occupied long before the Internet era, so we
found other ways to "sell" ourselves to our future neighbors.
        * In all instances of the very occasional turnover since then, there's
been no shortage of people someone of us knows who want to join us.
        * We have an active and very useful private Google site for
information, governance, meeting notes, etc.; and an active members' list-serv
for news, urgent information, requests for stuff, etc. So we're not total cave
people.
        * A quick Google search using our name leads directly to basic
information (with one very untypical photo) on the cohousing web site; and a
slew of photos on a page at the Cohousing Company website -- so it's not like
we're undercover or something.
With all that, yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a public community site.
I'll suggest it to one of our kids.

David Mandel, Southside Park, Sacramento