Re: Icy parking lots and walk and driveways
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:25:12 -0800 (PST)
> Question from LIberty Village: how do other communities handle snowy and icy
> walkways and roads?

We have a company that plows the parking lot when there is more than 3 inches
of snow.

Someone wakes up early and calls them. We had a problem with them coming when
3" was forecast which was not necessary. Since DC is relatively warm and the
parking lot  is asphalt, that much snow usually melts by afternoon.

We have 3-5 stalwart residents who shovel the sidewalks. We are responsible not
just for our interior walks but front and a long city block of sidewalks in
back. They get up and shovel before work.

We use a substance that we buy that acts like salt but is not, is safe for
plants and the water supply. I don't know the name.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC