Re: Outside Activities List
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 14:53:26 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 20, 2014, at 5:24 PM, drmaryann49 [at] mac.com wrote:

> Sometimes it feels like cohousing folks are very insular, only involved in
> their own little communities. As part of our Annual Meeting this weekend a
> couple of folks put together a list of all the outside activities are members
> are involved in.

Our members are involved in tons of things outside the community. But on the
other side of this perception of insularity, people join a community to be
involved in it. They want a close circle. That's the whole point.

Given that one only has 24 hours in a day, when you add up the hours of
household chores, jobs, extended family, personal time, etc., there are a
limited number of hours left. If at least some of these are not spent on the
community, the community suffers.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines