membership question
From: Rebecca Reid (rreidcohousing.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:04:08 -0800 (PST)

This is somewhat related to the current thread of relationships with the outside community. I am curious about what kinds of relationships communities have with ex-residents who live in the surrounding area. Have you talked about it, or does it just happen? Do you have specific things ex residents can and can't participate in? Do you consider them to be still part of your community-just expanding it rather than leaving it, or do they fade away? Do you have a category of membership for them? Or not a category but an understanding? I realize it is different depending on the people and the circumstances surrounding their leaving, but I am curious as to whether there is an official policy regarding those that want to stay connected.
Rebecca Reid
ex resident of Pioneer Valley
Current resident of a new small cohousing that is still finding a name.