Re: Financial reponsiblity for water leaks
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 07:51:39 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 25, 2014, at 10:31 AM, "David Entin" <davidentin [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> We are wondering how cohousing communities deal with the financial
> responsibility (between homeowner pays or community pays or both)
> for water leaking through foundations caused
> *     damage to flooring and structures
> *     mold
> we have a couple of requests for reimbursement for water damage floor and
> structure replacement and tearing out wallboard and studs on which there was
> mold.

Need more information.

Are they personally owned basements or foundations under condos?

Was the damage the Homeowners Association responsibility or the responsibility
of the owner?

We try to determine the cause of the damage and that usually tells us if it
happened because of something the Association is responsible for or the
homeowner is responsible for. The Condominium Declaration outlines who is
responsible for what.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines