Re: Financial responsibility for water leaks
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:43:21 -0800 (PST)
We at Pioneer Valley Cohousing are considering what to do with interior
modifications (that have no community oversight) that have caused air
leakage into roof cavities and condensation on the roof sheathing (which is
the first surface owned by the community).  We are starting by conducting a
survey of the potential problems, documenting changes that have been made by
owners, and we may ultimately be encouraging or requiring blower door
testing to find air leaks and correct them.  We have created the first
drafts of policies with the goal to both educate people and protect
community interests.  I don't feel I can share them yet but am happy to talk
to David Entin directly if he would like.....

Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED BD+C
Kraus Fitch Architects, Inc.
413-549-5799
lfitch [at] krausfitch.com