Re: Community wide Wifi
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:29:32 -0800 (PST)
In our community, the "health" of community wide wifi would be an
irrelevant argument, whether it did or did not have scientific merit; we
are a very tech-heavy community, and I'd be shocked if there were any
physical spot in any place in our community that wasn't already being
reached by at least five different wifi access points.  If our brains are
being turned to mush by wireless signals, we're all screwed anyway, and I
doubt one more signal will hasten our descent into whatever awaits us.

Trying to keep one's home radio-signal-free around here would be like
running your air filter to clean your air...while keeping all your doors
and windows wide open.

(And that's just wifi; never mind all the other radio "noise" we all swim
in: TV and radio broadcasts, remote garage door openers, GPS signals,
wireless computer accessories, cell phones, etc etc.)

I actually DO worry that our society's saturation of our environment with
massive quantities of electromagnetic waves affects our health.  My friends
would be surprised to hear it but I actually fall in the "this is probably
bad" camp.  But it's bad like acid rain and greenhouse gasses; no one's
individual health is going to be affected by the addition or removal of one
single source of noise. :-/.   So I shrug my shoulders and chalk it up to
the cost of living today instead of a hundred years ago before we did this,
or a hundred years from now when we've figured out how not to f---
ourselves.

Diana