Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:39:25 -0800 (PST)
Hey I'm curious to hear how people feel about the use of their community's
guest space by non-community members.

Our guest rooms are mostly used by friends and family of our members but we
do sometimes get requests to stay by travelers who are barely or not at all
affiliated with our community: acquaintances and friends-of-friends, folks
from other cohousing communities, people who are cohousing-curious, people
who came to one of our open houses or intro meetings a million years ago,
etc.

I would imagine other groups get the same...especially if they are located
in a popular travel destination (big cities, beautiful places...)

So, not so much wondering about policies on this, but your feeling as an
individual...you your feel like these requests are appropriate?  Do you
feel good sharing your space?  Do you feel taken advantage of?  Do you ever
feel like outsiders think it's a cheap, friendly hotel?

Diana, with mixed personal feelings